Home > Application Guide > Outdoor > Soccer
Lighting design criteria
- The design should eliminate momentarily strong, glaring light as much as possible and increase the overall uniformity luminance throughout the game to minimize the problem of glare for the athletes.
- The luminance criteria should be designed to suite the competition level and purpose.
- Shadows and inadequate vertical plane luminance impede athletes and spectators and these issues should be solved through the design.
- The design must prevent light pollution by taking account of the surrounding environment.
Recommendation of Minimum Lighting Levels
||Illuminance Level (Em. Horizontal) Lux * (Non CTV)|
- ※ European criteria (Source - EN 12193:2007)
- - ClassⅠ: Top Level Competition
- - ClassⅡ: Intermediate Level Competition
- - ClassⅢ: Lower Level Competition & Suspervised Training
- ※ Em is the Maintained Illuminance Level (specification level) and is the design illuminance level, below which the lighting should not be allowed to fall during the period to planned maintenance.