Home > Application Guide > Indoor > Basketball
Lighting design criteria
- The design should eliminate momentarily strong, glaring light as much as possible and increase the overall uniformity luminance throughout the game to minimize the problem of glare for the thletes.
- The luminance criteria should be designed to suite the competition level and purpose.
- Should minimize amount of light shining on the scoreboard.
Recommendation of Minimum Lighting Levels
||Illuminance Level (Em. Horizontal) Lux * (Non CTV)|
- ※ European criteria (Source - EN 12193:2007)
- - ClassⅠ: Top Level Competition
- - ClassⅡ: Intermediate Level Competition
- - ClassⅢ: Lower Level Competition & Suspervised Training
- ※ Em is the Maintained Illuminance Level (specification level) and is the design illuminance level, below which the lighting should not be allowed to fall during the period to planned maintenance.